Directions for Brine
1. Wrap spices in sachet (cheescloth parcel tied with twine)
2. Bring 6 liters of water to boil and add all other ingredien
3. Submerge turkey in brine for 24 hours in cooler or refrigerator.
4. Remove turkey from brine give quick rinse and dry
Directions for Spatchcocked Turkey
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Spatchcok turkey by cutting out back bone and breaking breastplate. Rub turkey with oil and season with salt and pepper
3. Place vegetables pm rimmed baking sheet. place rack on top and transfer spatchcocked turkey on top, breast side up
4. Roast, rotating halfway through and basting 4 times until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165F, about 1 hour. Allow to rest for at least 25 minutes before carving.