Braised Short Ribs with Mongolian Sauce
- 8 oz yellow onion, small dice
- 2 oz garlic, minced
- 2 oz ginger, minced
- (**above can be cut all together in food processor)
- 7.5 oz black beans in chili oil
- 1.75 oz chili crisp
- 2.5 oz broad bean paste
- 3.5 oz sweet soy
- 2 oz black vinegar
- 16 oz water
- 1.25 oz honey
- 1.25 oz brown sugar
- 15 pounds cleaned short ribs (we use boneless, but can use any)
- 12oz Mongolian Sauce
- Water to cover
- Braised short Rib (we serve a 6 oz post-cook weight)
- Mongolian Sauce - roughly 4oz per plate
- Shredded cabbage- 1/2c per plate
- Sliced green onions- roughly 2 per plate
- Lime Juice- 1/2 lime per plate
Directions for Mongolian Sauce
1.. Sweat the onion, garlic, and ginger together in a pot until cooked through.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, simmer around 30 min, until slightly thickened.
3. Cool the sauce, store.
Directions for Short Ribs
1. Grill the short ribs to add the smoke flavor
2. Put in deep hotel, add the Mongolian sauce, add water to almost cover
3. Braise until the meat is full tender, let cool in liquid.
Directions for Finished Plate
1. Reheat the short rib in the braising liquid. Slice to serve.
2. Toss the shredded cabbage and 3/4 of the green onion with lime juice and salt, use as a garnish next to the beef.
3. Finish the beef with the Mongolian sauce, using all the fat that has floated to the top.
4. Garnish with more green onion.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page