Directions for Mongolian Sauce
1.. Sweat the onion, garlic, and ginger together in a pot until cooked through.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, simmer around 30 min, until slightly thickened.
3. Cool the sauce, store.
Directions for Short Ribs
1. Grill the short ribs to add the smoke flavor
2. Put in deep hotel, add the Mongolian sauce, add water to almost cover
3. Braise until the meat is full tender, let cool in liquid.
Directions for Finished Plate
1. Reheat the short rib in the braising liquid. Slice to serve.
2. Toss the shredded cabbage and 3/4 of the green onion with lime juice and salt, use as a garnish next to the beef.
3. Finish the beef with the Mongolian sauce, using all the fat that has floated to the top.
4. Garnish with more green onion.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page