- 5 lbs Grass Fed Beef Bones, mixture of knuckle, neck and shank bones
- 1 bunch organic carrots, skin on with tops
- 1 organic daikon, peeled
- 1/4 cup whole garlic cloves, skin off
- 3 organic yellow onions, peeled and cut in half
- 4-5 organic King oyster/white Trompet mushrooms
- Handful of Organic Shitake Mushrooms
- 1 piece 8 x 8 Dashi Kombu/dried Kelp Seaweed
- 8 Qts of Water
- 1/4 cup Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbs Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
1. In a large pot place all bones, vinegar and water together. Bring to a boil and then bring to a low simmer.
2. Meanwhile coat all vegetables with Sesame Oil and place on a sheet tray. Roast in a preheated oven at 350 for 20 minutes or until vegetable get a light golden brown coloring.
3. Add to stock pot and let simmer for at least 12 hours. Add salt to finish. You will need to periodically skim the top for residue.
4. Stock should reduce by a third at least. Once done strain broth with a mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth into a container to cool down. You can reserve the shank meat for other dishes.
5. Place broth in fridge over night. You may either skim the fat cap on top and save to cook with or toss.
Makes 4-6 Quarts of broth.
Get more from Chef Debbie Lee at mindbodyfork.com
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.