Bob Harper's Skinny Meals!
• 1 large zucchini
• 4 ounces roasted, boneless, skinless chicken breast, warmed before plating
Avocado Cream Sauce• ¼ avocado • 1 cup arugula • ¼ cup chopped fresh basil • ¼ cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth • 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice • 1 teaspoon crushed garlic • 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Cream Sauce Recipe:
- Slice zucchini very thinly lengthwise. Then cut each piece into thirds lengthwise to resemble thick noodles. Steam the "noodles" for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, blend the avocado, arugula, basil, broth, lemon juice, garlic, and parmesan in a food processor or blender.
- Toss the "noodles" with the sauce and the cubed chicken and serve.
Chicken, Fennel, and Grapefruit Salad Ingredients:
• 1 small bulb of fennel
• 1 pink grapefruit • 1 teaspoon olive oil • 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar • 2 teaspoons agave • 4 ounces roasted boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded • 1 cup chopped fresh spinach • 1 cup chopped arugula
Chicken, Fennel, and Grapefruit Salad Recipe:
- Cut the stalks from the top of the fennel bulb. Cut the bulb in half, remove and discard the core, and thinly slice. Tear off the wispy fronds and set aside.
- Section the grapefruit by first peeling it, making sure to get rid of the white pith. Working over a bowl (to catch the juice), use a paring knife to cut out the grapefruit segments one by one, setting them aside. When done, squeeze the remaining flesh over the bowl to get the last of the juice.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the grapefruit juice with the olive oil, vinegar and agave.
- Lightly toss the dressing with the fennel, sectioned grapefruit and chicken.
- Serve on a bed of spinach and arugula; garnish with fennel fronds.
Smashed Pea Guac Ingredients:
• ¾ cup frozen peas, thawed
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint • ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt • 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice • ½ teaspoon agave
Smashed Pea Guac Recipe:
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until well combined but still in a little chunky.
- Serve with Persian cucumber, raw zucchini, jicama or cauliflower (or a combo).
Make sure you keep up with Bob Harper by following him on twitter @mytrainerbob.