- 6oz Roasted Cauliflower
- 3tbl Cauliflower Puree
- 1tbl Onion Soubise
- 2tbl Toasted Pistachios
- 1tbl Lemon Juice Fresh
- 4 each Thai Basil Leaves (hand torn)
- 8 each Cauliflower Chips
- TT Olive Oil
- TT Sea Salt
- TT White Balsamic
1. Break Cauliflower heads into half inch florets while keeping the stem intact, put aside for chips, season with olive oil and salt.
2. Place seasoned florets onto a baking tray and roast at 500F until lightly blackened and crispy.
3. Remove from oven and season with fresh lemon juice, white balsamic and sea salt.
1. Finely chop 2 heads of white cauliflower into somewhat uniform pieces, place cauliflower into cold sauce pot and add 2.5tbl of olive oil and a few pinches of salt, cover with a tight fitting lid and allow to steam on mid-high for 10 minutes while stirring every other minute to ensure the cauliflower does not burn.
2. After 10 minutes, turn the heat down to medium and continue to cook until the cauliflower is translucent and smear able when pressed between fingers.
3. Transfer cooked cauliflower to a blender and puree on high until smooth.
1. Take one red onion, cut in quarters and peel, remove middle of the onion and slice thin with a knife of on mandolin.
2. In a medium hot sauté pan, add a touch of canola oil then the onions, quickly sauté and finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice salt and sugar to taste.
3. Transfer to plate to cool in fridge.
1. Using the stocks that you set aside when breaking down the cauliflower, shave, thinly on mandolin and marinate for 15 minutes in a liquid made from 1 cup distilled vinegar, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4tsp cayenne pepper, 2tbl sugar, 1/2tbl salt.
2. After 15 minutes, transfer to dehydrator trays and dry for 8 hours at 135F, if you do not have a dehydrator, you can dry these chips on a baking tray in the oven by preheating your oven to 200F for 20 minutes, then placing the baking tray in the oven and then turning off the oven, this method goes much faster, and you must watch your product more carefully to ensure you do not burn your chips.
1. Place cauliflower puree on plate and spread into large circle using spoon.
2. Fill circle and stack tall roasted cauliflower (seasoned with olive oil, white balsamic, lemon juice and sea salt).
3. Top cauliflower with onion soubise, pistachios, basil leaves and cauliflower chips.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page