1. Heat dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add bacon and stir until fat has rendered and meat is crisp, 10-15 minutes. Strain meat with slotted spoon and reserve in bowl. Pour off fat to save for another use.
2. Add 2 tablespoons fat back into Dutch oven. Add onions and sauté over medium-low heat until caramelized, 20-30 minutes.
3. When onions are caramelized, add minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
4. Add mustard, chili flake, pepper, salt, stir to combine and sauté for 1-2 minutes
5. Add brown sugar, maple syrup, vinegar, and reserved/cooked bacon. Stir to combine. When it begins to bubble, lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until thickened and caramelized.
6. Remove pot from heat. Add bacon jam to food processor and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
7. Pour into jar, allow to cool to room temperature before storing in refrigerator.