Directions for Beer Batter Fish
1) For the beer batter fish, make the batter just before you're ready to cook. Fill a high-sided frying with about 1-2 inches of oil and place over a high heat. It needs to be very hot when you start to fry. Coat the fish in flour, shake off the excess and set aside.
2) Place the flour in a large mixing bowl, make a well in the middle of it and pour in a little beer and mix through, keep adding the beer and mixing until you have a smooth batter. Season with a little black pepper and then drop a little of the batter into the hot oil, if it floats and puffs up, it's ready. Working beside the pan, dip the fish goujons in the batter one at a time and then into the hot oil.
3) Make sure not to overcrowd the pan as this will reduce the heat. Cook for about 4 minutes until golden brown, turning halfway through the cooking time. Remove the goujons from the pan using a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with some kitchen paper. Season with a generous sprinkle of sea salt, and some lemon wedges.
Directions for Chips
1) Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
2) Place the potato chips in a bowl of salted water while you prepare the other ingredients, then drain and dry on a kitchen towel.
3) Toss the potatoes, oil, rosemary, garlic, sea salt and ground black pepper in a dry bowl and then tumble out onto a large flat roasting tray.
4) Roast in the oven to cook for about 45 minutes. Turn the chips halfway through the cooking time. Once golden brown, serve.
Directions for Puree
In a small saucepan, cook the peas with a little butter until warmed through, season with sea salt and ground black pepper. Add the mint and then mash roughly.