Directions for Goulash
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Heat the butter in a large dutch oven. Add the roast, give it a generous pinch (or two, or three) of sea salt and pepper. Gently brown the meat on all sides. Remove to a plate.
3. Into the dutch oven, add the onion strips, sweet paprika, smoked paprika, and caraway seeds. Gently sauté the onion and spices for 10 minutes. Add the bell peppers and sauté for 2-3 minutes more.
4. Return the roast back to the dutch oven, nesting it down among the onion and peppers. Add the tomatoes and apple cider vinegar. Then add the filtered water halfway up the side of the roast
5. Cover the dutch oven with its lid and continue cooking the roast at 350 for 2 ½ hours, or until fork-tender. Serve with your favorite rice.
Directions for Potatoes
1. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. When melted, add the potatoes, cover, and gently cook until they’re fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Add the cream cheese and generous pinches of salt and pepper. Smash the potatoes and cream cheese together with a potato masher or fork until they’re mostly creamy and combined, with just a few small potato pieces remaining for a little texture
3. Top with chives and gently stir to incorporate just before serving