Directions for Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a 13- x 9-inch baking dish or 8 to 10 ramekins. Sauté the onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high 5 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in the flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually stir in the barbecue sauce and the beef broth; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
2. Stir in the pork, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and spoon the mixture into prepared baking dish.
3. Spoon the Cheese Grits Crust Batter evenly over the hot barbecue mixture.
4. Bake at 425°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and set.
Directions for Grits
1. Bring the water and the milk to a boil in a large saucepan; add the grits, and cook, stirring often,
5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese, salt, and pepper; remove from heat.
2. Stir about one-fourth of the hot grits mixture gradually into the beaten eggs; add to remaining hot grits mixture, stirring constantly. Makes 1 (13- x 9-inch) crust or 8 to 10 individual crusts