Banana Split Ice Cream Cake
- 1 package brownie mix
- 1 pint each strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream
- 2 bananas, chopped
- Pint of strawberries (or 2c frozen berries, defrosted) sliced
- 8-10 inch springform pan
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
Directions for Cake
1) Following package instructions, make brownie mix and pour into a greased Spring form pan to a level of 1⁄2” (save remainder and bake off in a small pan) – bake until center is set. Remove from oven, and place into refrigerator until thoroughly chilled and set.
2) Next – soften chocolate ice cream in a bowl, and spread evenly over the brownie layer, place in freezer for 1-2 hours until firm. Next, soften strawberry ice cream and mix with sliced berries. Spread this on top of chocolate layer, and freeze for 1-2 hours until firm. Lastly mix softened vanilla ice cream with bananas and spread onto the top of the cake, cover with waxed paper, and freeze overnight until very firm.
Directions for Marshmallow Meringue
1) Put all ingredients in a heat proof bowl over gently simmering water and stir until sugar dissolves. Take off heat and whip either a hand held blender or your stand mixer with whisk attachment for 4-7 minutes until thick glossy stiff peaks form.
2) Put meringue in pastry bag or in a ziploc bag.
3) Take cake out of the freezer just before serving. When ready to pipe, cut a 1⁄2 hole in corner of zip loc and pipe dollops evenly over top layer of ice cream cake.
Brown the marshmallow with a hand held torch or place under the broiler for a minute or two, drizzle with chocolate and toppings, UNMOLD, then slice and serve!