Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 4-6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 pound ground turkey, chicken, beef, or pork
- Taco seasoning
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream or Greek yogurt
- 3/4 Shredded cheese of choice (cheddar, pepper jack, feta)
- 1 Avocado, sliced or chopped with a squeeze of lime and salt and pepper
- 1 bunch Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Hot Sauce (I like Cholula)
- Yellow Dal (lentils)
- Mango Chutney
- Greek yogurt mixed with coriander and cumin
- Chopped mint
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Chopped toasted cashews/pistachios
- Vanilla Yogurt
- Sliced Almonds
- Chopped Apples/Pears (raw, sauté, or roasted)
- Brown Sugar
- Chia Seeds
1. Rinse sweet potatoes under cold water and dry off.
2. Using a fork, poke the entire potato with the fork all the way around.
3. Rub with a bit of oil.
4. Either wrap in foil (or not) and place on a sheet pan for approx 45-1 hour at 400 degrees (for medium sized potatoes), testing with a paring knife to test doneness.
5. Let cool 15 minutes. enjoy immediately or once cool, keep in a plastic bag or container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
6. Add toppings: cooked ground turkey, chicken, beef or pork, taco seasoning, salsa, shredded cheese, avocado, cilantro, hot sauce.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page