Baked Oatmeal Bites
- 2 1/2 cup rolled oats (you can substitute gluten-free oats)
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup wheat germ (optional; skip if making gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut, plus more to top (optional)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted & cooled coconut oil or neutral oil such as grapeseed
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (you can substitute a whisked egg; see note in post)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional; if you love cinnamon, add up to 1/2 teaspoon total)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with liners; set aside. Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix using a wooden spoon or silicone spatula.
2. Scoop oatmeal “batter” into prepared muffin pan filling each well 3/4 to the top. Sprinkle each “muffin” with coconut if desired. Bake for 25 minutes.
3. Allow oatmeal to cool completely before wrapping for storage. These will last 3-5 days in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer. Thaw and/or warm through in the microwave or oven before serving.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Get more from Stacie at Eats.CoolMomPicks.com