Baked Egg in Avocado
- 1 ripe Large Hass avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon Everything Seasoning from Trader Joe’s
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/8 TBS Female Orange Bell Pepper
- ½ TBS onion
- 1/2-1 piece of uncured turkey bacon
- 1/2 tbs tomato
- 1 Tbs of olive oil
- 1-2 whipped Egg depending on the size of avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 firm-ripe plantains (available at Hispanic markets and some specialty produce markets and supermarkets)
1) Preheat oven to 425
2) Drizzle a little bit of EVOO into pan.
3) Sauté onions and bell pepper until caramelized
4) Chop one piece of turkey bacon
5) Scramble two eggs and add the above ingredients
6) Season eggs with Salt & Pepper
7) Arrange avocado halves in a baking dish, resting them along the edge so avocado won't tip over.
8) Pour egg mixture into the avocado hole until full.
9) Season each filled avocado with "Everything Seasoning"
10) Gently place baking dish in the preheated oven and bake until eggs are cooked, about 25-30 min.
Variations: Try egg whites only or a scramble the egg and place in avocado
Toppings: cheese, bacon bits, salsa, sour cream, chopped red pepper
Directions for Plantains
1) Preheat coconut oil in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat.
2) Peel the plantains and cut them in half. Slice the halves lengthwise into thin pieces.
3) Fry the pieces until browned and tender. Drain excess oil on paper towels.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page