Baked Brie with Apple Butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can of pillsbury crescent dough
- Apple butter (raspberry jam, or fig spread... )
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 (13- to 16-ounce) Brie cheese round
- Crackers for dipping & spreading
1. Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
Sprinkle the flour on the work surface.
2. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 14-inch square.
3. Spread the apple butter on the pastry in a circle about 1/2-inch larger than the cheese. Sprinkle with the cranberries and almonds. Place the cheese in the center of the pastry. Fold the pastry up over the cheese to cover.
4. Trim the excess pastry and press to seal. Brush the seam with the egg mixture. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Decorate with the pastry scraps, if desired. For the holidays you can use your cookie cutters on the scrap pastry! Brush with the egg mixture. You can also sprinkle almonds on top as well if you wish.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let stand for 45 minutes. Place on a festive serving platter & Serve with the crackers.