Bahn Mi Style Grilled Steak Sandwich
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tbs low sodium soy
- 1 tsp chili oil
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic cut in half
- Heat in the microwave or over the stove and let veggies sit in the liquid for as long as possible. Flavor will intensify.
- 1 small Daikon (sliced thinly on a mandolin)
- 1 small Cucumber (sliced thinly on a mandolin)
- 1 small red onion (sliced thinly on a mandolin)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh baby mint leaves
- 4 mini brioche hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 lime, lime zest
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of salt
1) Preheat grill on high
2) In a medium bowl mix together the marinade ingredients and place the steak in the bowl. Set aside.
3) In a small bowl, mix together the lime sauce ingredients and set aside.
4) Slice the daikon and cucumber with your mandolin, and place into a small bowl with the shredded carrots. Pour over the pickling liquid.( vinegar, water, salt, maple syrup, garlic )
5) Turn on the grill and place the steaks down for just 2 minutes each side. Such a thin piece of meat, doesn’t need to be grilled for very long.
6) While the beef is grilling,place the brioche buns on the grill for 30 seconds just to get a nice char and then slather the lime sauce on one side of each bun, placing side by side on a nice white or black platter.
7) Assemble the sandwich: Beef, pickled carrot/cucumber/daikon topped with fresh cilantro, fresh baby mint leaves and sprinkle of chia seeds!
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page