“B is for Broccoli” Soup
Chef Curtis Aikens creates a delicious and vitamin rich soup!
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons, all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a heavy, medium-sized pot over medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli, onion, carrot, salt, and pepper, and sauté until the onion is translucent--about 6 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, until the flour reaches a blond color.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Simmer uncovered until broccoli is tender--about 15 minutes. pour in cream. with an immersion blender, purée the soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Get more from Chef Curtis at CurtisAikens.net