Directions for Salsa
1) For the apple-mint salsa, put the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a heavy medium pot and bring to a boil.
2) Add the diced apple and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add the mint and vinegar and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt.
Directions for Lamb Chops
1) For the lamb chops, place the whole peppercorns in a molcajete and grind until coarse.
2) Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
3) Place the garlic cloves in the molcajete and grind until it becomes a paste.
4) Combine the garlic with the pepper. Add the herbs to the
5) Molcajete and mash until coarse. Add the herbs to the pepper and garlic and mix to combine. Add ½ cup of the olive oil to the herb and garlic paste and season to taste with salt.
6) Place the lamb chops on a work surface and season each side with salt.
7) the herb and garlic paste on both sides of the lamb chops.
8) Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a grill pan over high heat. Add the chops and sear for about 2 minutes per side for medium doneness.
9) Transfer the chops to a platter and serve with the apple- mint salsa.Download the Home & Family Holiday Cookbook Here
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page