- 4 Large Apples / about 6 cups, sliced (mix of McIntosh and Granny Smith apples)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 3 heaping teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 cup Grape-seed Oil
- 4 Jumbo eggs
- 1/2 cup of orange juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease with butter or non-stick cooking spray and then follow with a bit of flour a bundt pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix the sliced apples with the cinnamon and 5 tablespoons sugar. Set aside and let stand.
4. Sift together the flour and baking powder in a large bowl and set aside.
5. In the bowl of a mixer, beat the eggs with sugar until pale light in color and then add in the oil.
6. To the wet mixture, alternately add the dry ingredients in with the orange juice starting with and ending with the dry ingredients.
7. Add the vanilla extract and continue to mix well.
8. Layer the cake and apple slices by pouring cake batter into the pan and alternating with apple slices. Top layer should be cake batter.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 3/4 hours until golden brown.
10. Test with a toothpick or cake tester to make sure it’s done.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page