1. Toss peaches with all ingredients in a large bowl. Allow to sit covered while making the topping.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy 1 minute by machine 3 minutes by hand.
4. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla until smooth. Stir in dry ingredients until just combined.
5. Scrape fruit mixture with rubber spatula into 8” square baking pan or 8” deep dish pie plate.
6. Drop cookie dough topping by heaping tablespoons evenly over fruit. Make sure the pieces of dough are not touching or clumped together.
7. Bake until golden brown , 45 to 55 minutes. Cobbler can be kept at room temp for several hours
8. Serve warm with scoops of ice cream.
9. Top with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.