Ali Larter's Pancetta Gougères
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups grated Gruyère
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup pancetta, sautéed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat wine, water, butter, sugar, and salt over medium-high heat, until butter is completely melted.
- Remove from the heat and add cup of flour, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon until the flour is fully incorporated and the dough pulls away from the sides of the pan, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the dough to a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed for 60 seconds, to cool down.
- Then beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add grated cheeses, pancetta, and chives.
- Place rounded tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each, as they will expand during baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 325°F and bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the gougères are golden brown and cooked through to puffy perfection. (The one time we embrace the puffiness!)
To bring out the reveler in your own home pick up Ali's book " Kitchen Revelry" available now!
And go to our facebook page for an additional message from Ali!