1 ¾ cups Pamela's Gluten Free Baking and Pancake Mix
4 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small sauce pan cover 10 dates with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil and simmer until the water is reduced by half. With a potato masher, hand blender or food processor puree the dates into a paste.
3. Add ½ cup of date puree to a large bowl. Add mashed banana, coconut oil, salt, cinnamon and egg whites. Whisk to combine.
4. Alternate adding GF flour and almond milk, constantly whisking to ensure a smooth batter.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour (if using a 9 inch loaf pan) or 30 minutes if using mini loaf pans. To check if bread is cooked completely stick a skewer in the center of the bread if it comes out clean then it’s ready!
6. Cool bread on a rack.
7. Once cooled remove from pan and slice.
One great way to replace sugar is to use dates. Simmer the dates and 1 cup water in a pot until the water is reduced by half and puree them into a paste.
Unsweetened almond milk is a good liquid substitute to use in recipes with gluten-free flours because the creamy, nutty quality compliments them so well.
Coconut oil is a good substitute to butter or canola because it's much healthier and tastes amazing.
Use Pamela's Gluten Free Baking and Pancake Flour Blend for this recipe. There is something magical that happens with this particular blend, mixed with the date puree and the bananas. The bread is super light and super fluffy, but still has great chew.