Directions for Salmon
1. Season the salmon with above dry ingredients
2. Pour two teaspoons of oil in pan until oil becomes hot and shimmers
3. Gently lie Salmon in the pan and listen for the sizzle, sizzle!!
4. Cook each side for 4-5 mins, add cut onions after Salmon has finished cooking on one side.
Directions for Rice
1. Boil 4 cups hot water, when water has boiled pour 2 cups rice into the boiling water.
2. Leave rice in boiling water for 7-10 min until water is a milky color.
3. Strain the rice in a colander and rinse with cold water.
4. In a sauté pan, heat ¾ cup of vegetable oil. Once hot, add chopped red onion and allow to
caramelize for approx. 5 minutes until browned.
5. In a blender, puree habanero pepper, red bell pepper, and chopped tomato and add to oil for 15-20 mins. Keep stirring until it reduces - it splatters so be careful.
6. Add the tomato paste and whisk until blended. Continue on medium low heat and continue stirring for 10 more mins.
7. Add 1 cup of chicken broth or water. (If you use meat, add the broth from meat) into sauce.
8. Add curry, ginger, cinnamon, garlic powder, thyme, nutmeg, bouillon, pepper, rosemary, and salt to taste.
9. Add the rice to sauce and continue cooking until cooked through, adding water if needed.
10. Serve Salmon over rice and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page