Tanya’s DIY Felt Boards
- One large piece of felt
- Different colors of felt
- One medium piece of beige felt
- Large foam board
- Spray glue
- Glue gun
- Spray the entire back of the foam board and lay the large felt across it.
- Fold in the corners like wrapping a present and secure the edges with a glue gun.
- Cut out the body of the potato head using a plate
(tip: pick out the best side and fold the felt in half and cut half out so that when you unfold it you have two equal sides.) I did this with the lips, eyes, pants, skirt and any other shapes with equal sides.
- Then cut out eyes, lips, nose, ears, arms, lashes, eyebrows, hat, shoes, and any other accessories! Have fun with it!
- Set the board up on an easel or hang on a wall with glue dots or place on a kids table so they can reach the whole board.
- Be sure to smooth out all the bumps!
- Use as much of the felt as possible when cutting out your pieces
- A felt board can be both a pretty addition to a young child's room and an educational tool!
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.