Tanya Memme's Hourglass Time-Out Stool
- Two 2-Liter Soda Bottles
- 3 Table Lets Made From 2" by 2" Wood
- 2 12-Inch Plywood Rounds
- Six 3-inch screws
- Wood glue & Superglue
- 2 Plastic Pot Bases
- Non-Toxic Acrylic Paint
- Painters Tape
- X-Acto Knife or Utility Knife
- Some Scissors
Assemble the Hourglass
- Measure 7 inches from each bottle. Wrap your tape around each liter (to cut as straight as possible).
- Cut 7-inches per bottle.
- Glue your bottle Caps together. Drill ¼ Inch Wide Holes in the Caps.
- Connect the bottle caps to the 2-liter.
- Center that Hourglass on your planter pot base & Superglue.
- Let that dry.
- Put your salt in. One full container of salt (1 lb) is 4 minutes!
- Superglue your top planter base on the final side.
Then you assemble the stool
- Place your three legs on one rounded plywood piece and trace the based of each leg.
- Find the center of each and mark it with a pencil.
- Then, putting the plaques on top of each other, drill through both (so you have perfectly matched holes).
- Run screws through the plaque and into the table leg on one side only.
- Center the hourglasss in the middle, and glue in place.
- Put glue on the hourglass top plant base.
- Screw the final three holes and paint!