How to Stay Healthy and Fit in the New Year - Eat Healthier
• Add more variety and fresh ingredients to meals. Eat proteins, fruits and vegetables. Healthy carbs and fats are ok. Maintain a balanced diet.
• Maintain moderation. Don’t think of your favorite foods as off-limits. Eat smaller portions of foods you crave.
• Increase antioxidants. Strengthen your immune system with fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants. Blueberries, coffee and chocolate contain antioxidants.
• Eat breakfast. Like mom said, it’s the most important meal of the day. Breakfast jumpstarts your metabolism and helps you maintain your weight.
• Cut down on unhealthy snacks. And if you are a big snacker, then cut up veggies at the beginning of the week to curb your sweet tooth.