- 1 sheet black foamcore (20"x28")
- 1 set small hinges
- 1 drawer pull
- X Acto knife
- Ruler/straight edge
- Hot glue gun
- Paint brush
- 4 colors Paint (one light green, one dark green, one light brown,one dark brown)
- Wood graining tool
Download the Leprechaun Door Diagram
- Copy the PDF pattern provided onto foamcore board. Cut out all the pieces using x acto knife. Back board, door arch, door and base board. Cut out shamrock shape in door as window.
- Set aside back board for later. Paint pieces the lighter of your paint colors. Door-green, arch and base board brown. Let dry.
- Using the darker colors, coat the pieces and while still wet drag wood graining tool across to creat faux aged wood. Let dry.
- Glue arch in back board and glue on base board so stands up right.
- Glue on and attach drawer pull as a door knob. Place door in arch and glue on hinges so door can open.
- If you want extra age to your door, give a wash of coffee or watered down brown paint.
Directions for the treasure map:
- Take a piece of paper the size of the map you want
- Draw the out the map with a big X to mark the spot!
- Crumple up the paper as much as you can.
- Dip the crumpled map in a bowl of coffee
- Unravel the wet coffee map and tear it into four pieces.
- Re dip all four pieces and lay out to dry.
- Don't flatten the paper, let dry in a slightly crumpled position
Return to Episode Guide >>
Tweet momtrepreneur and lifestyle expert Tanya Memme @Tanya_Memme. Also, visit her on Facebook and check out TanyaMemme.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.