Sophie Uliano's Wax Dipped Stuffed Animals
What You’ll Need:
• 1 pound Soy wax -- (a really healthy wax)
• 6 tablespoons of a non-toxic fragrance • A large stockpot or slow cooker • A pair of insulated gloves • Some little wooden sticks • A long-handled wooden mixing stick • 2 forks • Measuring spoon • Scissors • Little stuffed animals. I like to use ones that have long fur. • Some cardboard and an apron to wear
- Cut labels off animals and remove any ribbons or decorative elements.
- Cover work area with cardboard because it can get messy; wear aprons for the same reason.
- Heat 1 pound of soy wax in slow cooker, large stockpot, or double boiler until completely melted.
- Add 6 tbsp of fragrance.
- Put on insulated gloves: • Take stuffed animal and submerge in the wax. • Make sure it’s completely covered with wax. • Then squeeze to remove excess wax.
- Set dipped animal on cardboard-- and fluff up up with a fork.
- Prop up head/limbs with sticks the way you want the stuffed animal to stay/appear -- once they dry/become solid, you won't be able to change the position.
- Finally, replace the decorative elements and set him on a plate. It's very important to keep it on a plate, because it could stain a surface.
• Wipe out your pot or slow cooker with paper towels while the wax is still warm, and then wash pot with hot, soapy water. • Clean/dust with a cool hair dryer. • Place in a dark cupboard wrapped in a plastic bag when not using, as fragrance will last longer.
For more information on the soy wax and non-toxic fragrance, go the Nature’s Garden website www.naturesgardencandles.com.
For more info on Sophie Uliano, go to sophieuliano.com.