Sophie Uliano’s Surprising Vinegar Uses
- STEAM CLEAN YOUR MICROWAVE: Place a glass bowl filled with a solution of 1 cup white vinegar and 1 cup water inside, and microwave the mixture for five minutes on the highest setting. Once the bowl cools, dip a cloth or sponge into the liquid and use it to wipe away stains and splatters on the interior.
- DETARNISHING SILVER JEWELRY: Place jewelry in a deep baking dish lined with foil. Add 2 tbsp baking soda, 2 tbsp white vinegar. Cover with boiling water. Soak for a couple of minutes. Remove and then polish
- REMOVE LIME DEPOSITS: Add white vinegar to your steam iron, tea kettle and coffee maker (small, drip) to remove built up lime deposits. Leave overnight; cleans & removes mold.
- KEEP CUT FLOWERS FRESH: Mix 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons sugar with the vase water before adding the flowers. Change water solution every few days.
- USE IN PLACE OF A DEODORANT: just spritz ACV directly onto your underarms - will prevent deodorant stains on clothes too.
- TO STOP HICCUPS: 2 tsps of apple cider vinegar in one glass of warm water. Drink from other side of the glass and/or upside down).
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.