• 4 cups borax
• 4 cups sugar water* • 4 pieces of paper towel • 4 shallow glass mason jars * 1 cup of water + 1 cup of white sugar heated in saucepan until sugar has dissolved.
- In a bowl, mix borax and sugar water.
- Place a piece of kitchen towel in each jar.
- Divide the borax mixture into the jars, soaking the kitchen towel.
- Fill each jar, leaving 1-inch headspace.
- Screw on the lids and with a hammer and nail, make 8 holes in each lid.
- Place the jars where you have ants.
- The ants will crawl into the hotel to get the sugar and they won't come out!
Note: The hotel will catch the worker ants but not the queen. To get her:
- Mix ½ cup of confectioners sugar with 1 tbsp borax.
- Sprinkle in the ant traffic areas.
- The ants will take the borax-laced sugar back to their queen!
Keep borax away from pets and children!
Check Sophie out at
SophieUliano.com. Follow Sophie Uliano on Twitter
@SophieUliano, find her on Facebook at
GorgeouslyGreen and check her out on Pintrest: