Sophie Uliano's Snow Globe Soap
From Craft Store:
• Tiny plastic toys (small enough to fit inside ice cube tray)
• A brick of clear glycerine • Blue soap dye • Soap scent (Peppermint is especially festive) • Soap glitter • Jumbo silicone ice cube tray From your House/Kitchen:
• Vegetable oil
• Microwave • Large, microwave safe glass measuring cup • Potato or cheese grater • Wooden spoon or stick (for mixing) • Bar of white soap Directions:
- Spray your ice cube tray with vegetable oil, grease it.
- Cut 2lb block glycerine in half and cut into cubes.
- Put your glycerine cubes in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave cubes in microwave on high for 90 seconds, until soap liquefied.
- Add 4 drops of blue soap dye, peppermint soap scent, 1 tsp glitter, mix together.
- Pour glycerine mix into ice cube tray (leaving ¼ inch at the top of each).
- Put tray in freezer or fridge so it hardens enough to form a skin, soft jello consistency.
- Carefully push your toy into each mold.
- Add grated white soap to top (make sure to leave enough space for a glycerine "cap").
- Top each cube with some glycerine.
- Put back in the fridge to cool for 1 hour.