- Heart-shaped silicone soap molds
- Large glass mixing jug
- Wooden popsicle sticks (for mixing)
- A block of soap base
- We cut the soap base into 10 squares.
- It is melted for about 2 minutes in the microwave (we will pre-melt just before segment).
- We add dye to desired color and fragrance to desired scent (I am using a phthalate-free fragrance blend from Nature's garden in some soaps, and pure essential oils in others). What does phthalate-free mean? Many synthetic fragrances contain hormone-disrupting chemicals called phthalates, so if I am using an artificial fragrance I make sure it is pthalate-free).
- We pour into molds.
How Long Does It Take?
It takes about 45 minutes for the soap to set at room temperature, so we will have doubles of each mold with set soaps under the counter to bring out to show finished result!
For more information from Sophie visit her at
sophieuliano.com and of course check out the details of her segment on our