Shirley’s DIY Clock with Flowers
- Dried or preserved flowers
- Clock Mechanism
- Hot Glue
- Cake Round for base (could also use foam board)
- Modge Podge
We start with our base. In this case, I glued the menu to the cake round. Now, we’re going to make the clock.
Directions for the base:
- Drill the hole for the clock stem
- Attach the clock mechanism to the back with hot glue
- Feed the stem through and set the hands
We add our flowers and other decorations you might want.
I preserved the roses. You can hang them to dry or press them in a book. I preserved these in silica gel. Bury the flower in the gel and microwave it for 1 minute.
- Preserve or dry your flowers in advance
- Brush or spray modge podge on the flowers to prevent crumbling
- Using a hot glue gun, position the flowers where you want them
- Add a battery
Brush or spray modge podge on the flowers to prevent crumbling
Keep all decorations clear of the path of the clock hands
Large theme clocks are very on trend. A 16 inch clock can cost from $60 - $100
Clock Mechanism $10
Base board $2
Silica Gel $11
Muffin cups $5
DIY Preserve Event Clock Under $30
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.