Shirley Bovshow’s Succulent Pillows
- Outdoor pillows with stuffing removed
- Moss to fill pillows plus a little extra to wrap succulent stems
- Panty hose
- Floral wire
- Succulent cuttings - assorted
- Water bottle
Use Driftwood Or Other Material To Raise Pillow Above Furniture Surface
- Stuff pillow with moist moss. Wrap stem of single, large succulents with moist moss and pantyhose, secure with floral wire.
- Combine medium and small succulents by wrapping together with moss, pantyhose and wire.
- Cut hole in pillow with blade.
- Insert the wrapped end of succulent in hole and pull through, securing into the moss inside pillow
IS THERE A RIGHT AND WRONG WAY TO DESIGN THE PILLOW?
Use at least 1 large succulent like this rosette-shaped to serve as focal point. Surround with different size clusters of single succulent or combinations. Plant odd number - 3, 5, or 7, or make 1 large cluster made of many succulents. Cover exposed cut fabric with moss or trailing succulent or dry flower. Have fun!
Low maintenance: water your pillow with spray bottle when moss feels dry. Place indoors in bright room but not in front of sunny window. In mild climate areas, place outdoors under covered patio.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.