Senior Care Tips
"There are only four kinds of people in this world. Those who have been caregivers, those who are caregivers, those who will be caregivers, and those who will need caregivers."
- Rosalynn CarterInteresting Facts
- Over 20 Million People in the US provide care for an aging loved one. (Focus on the Family)
- Family Caregiving is 80% over seniors receiving care in a retirement community ( Focus on the Family) - 1 and 6 Americans live in a multigenerational household (Pew Research Center) - Another fact is that 10,000 people turn 65 everyday and that will continue for the next 19 years. These individuals often times fall into the category of the Sandwich Generation due to the fact that they are caring for an aging parent, their own family, and often times their own grandchildren. - The truth is the Senior Tsunami is here, we all have a choice, we can ride the wave with knowledge and a proactive plan or we can be swept away.
Nationwide Resources to Assist with Planning, Next Steps, and Care giving.
1. National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys www.Naela.org (important now
because of all of the upcoming law changes to health care etc )
2. National Association of Professional Geriatric Managers
3. Certified Senior Advisors www.society-csa.com
4. Senior Helpers www.seniorhelpers.com
5. Alzheimer's Foundation of America www.alzfdn.org
Documents/Steps for Seniors to have in place and have current1. Wills/Living Trusts( updated every 5 years)
2. Health Care Directive
3. Durable Power of Attorney
6. Funeral Planning/Payment