Paige re-uses a pallet from her wedding for a relaxing outdoor chair!
- One pallet
- Measuring tape
- Mattress, cushion or other embellishments
- Cut your pallet in half, just over the second vertical wood piece.
- Drill holes in the four corners of the pallet, both the top and bottom boards of the pallet. Make sure the hole is big enough for the rope to fit through!
- Thread the rope through the hole, making sure the rope goes under the bottom of the pallet.
- Knot your rope.
- Tie the rope securely to your tree or archway.
- Measure your area so you can get the mattress, cushion and embellishments you want and the right size!
How to tie a fisherman’s knot:
- Lay the ends of the two lines parallel to each other
- Coil the free end of one rope twice around the second rope and pass it back through the inside of the coils
- Repeat with second rope in opposite direction. Pull free ends to tighten knots, then standing lines to slide knots together.
Return to Episode Guide >>
Follow lifestyle design expert Paige Hemmis on Twitter @paigehemmis and check out her site www.paigehemmis.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.