Orly Shani’s DIY Kimono Robe
- 2-3 yards of fabric, depending on your desired length
- Measuring tape
- Sewing machine
- Fringe or lace trim (optional)
- Double satin ribbon (optional)
- Fold your fabric in half (face to face, so wrong side of fabric is facing out) and lay flat on the floor.
- Pin all the edges closed with the fold on top.
- Cut an L shape out of the right and left side and then pin sides closed.
- Your L shape will be dependent on how large you want your sleeves and how wide you want your body
- Next cut up center front only to the fold, be sure not to cut the back.
- Sew your L-shapes closed, this will create your sleeve and side seams.
- To hem, fold the front, pin and sew. Do the same with the hem unless you are adding a lace or fringe trim. In that case you would just add the trim on to the rough cut edge of the fabric.
DIY Cost: $30 vs Retail: $100-$400
Get more from Orly on Twitter: @OrlyShani
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.