Mark's Tips on Taking Firework Photos
Mark's 1st Tip - Scout In Advance! Because…
- You want to make sure you don’t block the shot (lightpost photo).
- For reference of size, think of incorporating cityscape or putting the lightposts strategically in the composition.
Mark's 2nd Tip - A Tripod Is A Must… 3 Ways
- You can use a shutter release cord.
- Set a timer to go off.
- Piece of cardboard over the lens, press shutter open, let camera settle, pull cardboard away.
Mark's 3rd Tip - Settings… No Auto… Only In Manual Mode
- Auto focus won’t find something to focus on… set it at infinity.
- ISO – set it low, at 100.
- Shutter speed, start at 2 sec, EXPERIMENT with longer ones… with digital, you can see the photo right away and change shutter incrementally
And make sure you visit us on pinterest at www.pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv.