Mark's DIY: Repurpose Your Household Items Into Coat Hooks
Coat hooks from toys for a kid's room:
- Buy a baseboard or plaque from a craft store.
- Paint or decorate base board.
- Cut toys in half with a saw. We used dinosaurs for a boy's room and horses for a girl's room. Make sure the toys are not hollow before you buy them, as you will need to screw into them.
- Screw toy into baseboard through the back.
Coat hooks from spoons and forks for the kitchen:
- Drill a hole in the utensil with a power drill.
- Line up the utensils you want to mount and mark them with a ruler, so that when you bend them they will all bend in the same spot.
- Bend the utensils by hand or with a vice grip.
- Screw the utensils straight into the wall or use a board/plaque.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.