Mark's DIY Outdoor Patio Fountain
Things You'll Need:
- Urn, pot, or outdoor decorative vase
- Small water pump
- PVC piping
- Gravel or decorative stone
- Small terracotta pot
- Dremel tool with diamond sander
- Take your pipe and attach it to the top of the pump using waterproof epoxy or glue.
- Place the water pump in the urn and run the cord up and out of the top through the top.
- Cut the height of the pipe so that it's level to the top of the urn.
- Take your small teracotta pot and use your dremel tool to sand out a hole in the bottom of it to the radius of the pipe.
- Place the pot over the pipe and slide it down over the pump so that it acts as a protective barrier around the pump.
- Fill the urn with your gravel or decorative stone.
- Use your dremel tool again to shave a portion out of the lip of the urn so that the pump's cord can lay flush.
- Fill the urn with water.
- Plug in the cord and watch your water bubble to the surface.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.