Mark's DIY Lightbox
What you need:
- Cardboard box- You want a cardboard box big enough to hold the items you're shooting. If you're shooting large products, you will obviously need a bigger box, so think about that ahead of time.
- Box cutter- You will need a box cutter to cut the cardboard.
- Poster board- This will make the seamless backdrop of our light box.
- Tissue paper- We'll use this to create a "silk" for light diffusion.
- Tape- Of course we'll need something to put it all together, so grab some scotch tape.
- Cut holes into box.
- Mark box using a ruler.
- Cut squares into three sides of your box with the box cutter. Leave one side uncut to make the floor of the box.
- Cut the flaps off, except for the bottom flap, which will also serve as the "floor" for the seamless.
- Cut and insert poster board into box.
- Measure and cut the poster board.
- Slide poster board into the box. This will be your seamless. Let it curve without bending.
- Then tape it to the box.
- Tape tissue paper over holes.
- Measure and cut tissue paper.
- Tape the squares over the three holes on the sides and top. This will work as your "silk" and diffuse the light coming through the box.
- Position the lights.
- Next, you'll want to position the lights on both sides to get your desired effect. You might have to take a few shots with the camera and play around with the lights a little bit before you're satisfied with the image.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.