Ken Wingard’s Wood Heart Guest Book
- Shadow box frame
- 1/4" balsa wood strips
- Wood hearts 1/4" thick
- Drill with 1/4" bit
- Keyhole saw
- Utility knife
- Remove back from shadow box frame
- Drill 2 1/4" holes through top of frame 4" apart as close to glass as possible.
- Using a keyhole saw, connect holes to create 1/4"x 4" slit.
- Cut balsa strips to fit around interior of frame leaving a gap where the slit is.
- Glue strips in place.
- Use a utility knife to trim backing of frame to slip inside of frame and rest on balsa strips.
- Glue backing in place.
- Now you can write on hearts and slip into slit on frame.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.