Ken Wingard's DIY Flag Bunting & Wooden American Flag
DIY Flag Bunting
• Red awning strip fabric
• 2” wide navy webbing • Grommets • Silver foam stars Instructions:
- Measure and cut the fabric to be the length of the area to be bunted.
- Add a grommet to top and bottom corners of each outer edge.
- Add a grommet to the top edge at each point you want to gather the fabric.
- Cut the webbing to 12” lengths and insert a grommet into each end.
- Use a hole punch to create a hole in the center of each star.
- Place a nail where the bunting will start and finish, and one at each point where the fabric will be swaged.
- Place one end of grommeted webbing on nail, insert first corner of fabric, bottom corner of fabric, other end of webbing, add silver star on top.
- Repeat at the other end of the fabric.
- Where the nails are for swaging, insert webbing, fabric, gather fabric inside of webbing, and attach other one of grommeted webbing. add star on top.
DIY Wooden American Flag
• 6 pieces of 1” x 3” x3 6” wood
• Red paint • Blue paint • White paint • 2 pieces of 2” wide webbing, 30” long each • 2 grommets • Staple gun Instructions:
- Paint 2 boards red and 1 board white.
- Paint 16” of the other three boards blue and paint the remaining 20” of 1 board red and the other 2 white.
- Cut a star stencil from poster board and and use it to spray paint 5 stars on the blue section of the three boards.
- Place a grommet ½” from one end of each piece of webbing.
- Lay the boards face down in the order of a flag with ½ inch between each board.
- Lay the webbing perpendicular across the boards, 6” in from the outer edges, lining up the non-grommeted end of the webbing at the edge of the bottom of the flag.
- Staple the webbing to each board, be sure to use a staple at both the top and bottom of each board.
- Hang from the grommets.