Ken Wingard’s DIY Country Kitchen
- Wooden dowel set including brackets and finials
- 1”x4”x 5’ board
- Roll of butcher paper
- 10’ of reclaimed or second hand 1”x3” wood
- Chicken wire
- Wood joiners
- Staple gun
- Reclaimed 2” x 4” x 16” board
- 1” Forstner drill bit
- 36 1” ceramic disc magnets
- Super glue
Directions for the memo board:
- Cut rod to be 8” longer than paper roll
- Attach brackets to board
- Insert rod through roll, add finials
- Hang board on wall and add rod with roll
- Use clips to weight roll
Directions for the notions holder:
- Cut wood into 2 2’ foot lengths and 2 3’ lengths
- Arrange wood into rectangle
- Hammer wood joiners across seams to make frame
- Cut chicken wire to size of frame
- Attach chicken wire with staple gun.
Directions for knife rack:
- Mark 2” in on each end of board where your nails will go
- In the remaining 12” use a magnet as a guide and trace 6 evenly spaced circles along a bottom row and a top row
- Use the Forsner drill bit to drill 1” holes at each circle. Drill them as deep as possible without breaking through the surface of the wood.
- Glue magnets together in stacks of three using the super glue
- Glue each stack into a hole using more super glue.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.