Ken Wingard's DIY 4th of July Pillows & Doormat
What Do We Need For This Project?
• 3 plain coir door mats
• Red spray paint • Navy spray paint • Silver spray paint • 6 white cotton throw pillows - they have the gurli 20x20 pillow at ikea for $4.00 with a $2.99 insert • 12 - 1"x3" wood slats, aprox. 3' long • Twine • Scrap plywood from which to cut 4 - 8" wood stars • You can find coir doormats at any outdoor store 4th of July Pillows Instructions:
- Place a pice of cardboard inside of pillow.
- Create design using masking tape and star stickers.
- Block half of pillow using paper or plywood.
- Spray paint half red.
- Swap paper.
- Paint other half blue.
- Create your own stencil to give your pillow case a custom look.
4th of July Doormat Instructions:
- Create stripes using masking tape.
- Place star stencil where desired.
- Mask the area you want red, spray paint blue.
- Mask the area you want blue, spray paint red.