Jessie Jane's DIY Kitchen Caddy
- One sheet of 1/4" x 7 1/4 x 4' poplar wood board
- Sand paper
- 12 old soup cans (cleaned with lid removed)
- Circular saw (or have hardware store cut for you)
- Wood paint
- Paint brushes
- 6 soup cans
- Wood glue
- Scrap of leather
- Cut your poplar board into 9 ½" x 7 ¼" pieces. you will get two caddies out of one 4' board.
- Sand all rough edges on your board.
- Paint your boards (2 pieces per caddy) and let dry.
- Remove label from old soup can and make sure the lid is completely taken off. Paint your soup cans to match your wood board. 6 per caddy.
- Position one wood board on its side down the middle of the other board and secure with wood glue. use cans to hold in place while it dries.
- Once dry you can hammer two nails in the bottom for extra strength.
- Place painted cans on painted wood and secure with gorilla glue and let dry.
- Cut a 12" piece of leather cording and nail to the top of your center piece of wood for the handle.
For more with Jessie Jane, visit lilyshop.com.