Jessie Jane's DIY Dip Dye Watermelon Print
What Do You Need For This Project?
• White or blue denim shorts
• Cherry Red Liquid RIT or Hot Pink Liquid RIT • Green Liquid RIT • Bleach • Squeeze bottle • Large pot filled with water • Black Fabric Paint • Stencil or pencil with eraser tip & X-acto Knife Instructions:
- Dampen your white shorts or jeans in water and wring dry.
- Prepare your first pot by filling it half way with hot water and adding half a bottle of liquid red RIT. Stir to combine color then dip the bottom half of your shorts. Hold shorts in coloring for about 5 minutes if you want intense color.
- Carefully rinse bottom portion of shorts in water until water runs clear.
- Prepare second pot of water with green liquid RIT. Turn your shorts over and dip the top half of your shorts in the green water. The color will take immediately. Hold for 5 minutes for more intense color. Remove from pot and carefully rinse till water runs clear.
- Now check for any color spots you may have on the white portion of the shorts. If you see any color that splashed up you can fill a squeeze bottle with a little bleach and bleach out those spots. Rinse carefully and let dry.
- Squeeze some black fabric paint onto a piece of cardboard and using an x-acto knife cut the eraser tip on your pencil into the shape of a watermelon seed or create a little stencil with paper and pencil. Using eraser, dab black fabric paint seeds all over shorts. Hand wash.
For more with Jessie Jane, visit lilyshop.com.