What are the three saving strategies to use?
Never make a purchase without checking for a coupon code or free shipping offer. Always go to coupons.com and click on the "coupon codes" tab.
1. Coupon codes
- We took advantage of two promotions at sears.com:
- 15% off clothing and accessories
- Online only promotion: 10% off 1 pair of shoes or 20% off 2 or more
- We got 25% off shoes at Payless
Passbook is like your mobile wallet and coupons should always be in your wallet! With this app you will never accidentally leave coupons at home because most people always have their phone on them. Go to the coupons.com app to load the coupons. They will be added to your passbook (on iPhones with iOS, 6 they can then be scanned at checkout).
3. Resale shops
- We got $10 off when spending $50 or more at Old Navy.
- By shopping sales and using passbook we got nine items for mom and dad for $49.80, saving $30.88 or 38%.
Resale shops sell gently used and even occasionally new clothes with the tags still on. They are great for kids and babies who outgrow items quickly.
Get more of Jeanette Pavini's cost saving tips at: