Elements That Make a Great Fall Tea!
• The key is to make it festive - serve themed snacks, teas, and ciders. You can pick up fall-themed mugs and cups at your local 99 cent store if you’re trying to save money.
• Make it informal – this isn't the traditional formal English tea we're familiar with. Serve beverages and snacks that appeal to men as well as women.
The Most Flavorful Seasonal Teas:
• There are a variety of flavors that compliment the season.
• Tea is good for you because of its antioxidant properties. Cinnamon – lowers cholesterol, anti-inflammatory properties.
Cranberry – high in antioxidants and vitamin C
• There are many brands on the market you can buy pre-packaged. • You can buy tea loose from Whole Foods or specialty tea store online - strain with tea strainer.
Crock Pot Apple Cider
With just four ingredients, this Crock Pot hot spiced apple cider is easy to make.
Yield: 8 cups
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 10 mins
• 2 quarts (64 ounces or 8 cups) apple cider
• Six 3-inch cinnamon sticks, plus more for serving if desired • 1 medium orange • ⅛ cup whole cloves • Additional cinnamon sticks for serving. Instructions:
- Pour apple cider into a 2.5-quart or larger Crock Pot or other slow cooker. Add cinnamon sticks to cider.
- With a toothpick, poke holes all around the orange, about ½ inch to 1 inch apart. Carefully poke the cloves into the toothpick holes in the orange (see photo below). Place orange into the cider in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours. Ladle into mugs. Place a cinnamon stick in each glass. Serve.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.