Ditch the harmful chemicals and clean your hair the all natural way with these homeamde shampoo recipe from Sophie Uliano.
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ⅓ cup Liquid Castille Soap (like Dr. Bronners)
- ½ of a teaspoon (or several capsules) of Vitamin E oil (completely optional)
- 20 drops of Essential Oils of choice (I’ve used peppermint, lavender, rosemary and orange or combinations of those)
- For dry hair: add ½ tsp olive or almond oil (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in an old shampoo bottle or jar of some kind (pump soap dispensers and even foaming dispensers work well for this. If you use a foaming dispenser, add ¼ cup of distilled water).
- Shake well to mix.
- Keep in shower for up to a month.
- Shake before each use.
- Use about a teaspoon every time you shampoo.
- If you use a foaming dispenser, it also makes a great shaving cream- just dilute with ¼ cup distilled water!
Learn more about going Shampoo-free at
And make sure you get more great lifestyle tips from Sophie at