Fun Science Experiences to do with Kids
- A plastic drinking cup
- Yarn or cotton string
- A paper clip
- Power towels
- One nail
1) Cut a piece of yarn about 20 inches long
2) Ask an adult to use the nail to carefully punch a hole in the center of the bottom of the cup
3) Tie one end of the yarn to the middle of the paper clip
4) Push the other end of the yarn though the hole in the cup and pul it through
5) Get a piece of paper towel damp in water
6) Hold the cup firmly in one hand, and wrap the damp paper towel around the string near the cup. while you squeeze the string, pull down in short jerks so that the paper towel tightly slides along the string. then you hear your chicken!
Walk on eggs without breaking them!
Here’s how it works: buy 8 dozen eggs. and line them up in a row, like so. then, going completely barefoot, walk down the row of eggs, distributing your weight evenly on all the eggs. if all goes well, not a single egg should crack!
Get more from Matt Rogers at MattRogersUSA.com